I have been loaned a Robonova with the task of getting him back in working order. Challenges that we are facing are:
- Dead battery
- Out of date software
- Old-style PC connectors
- Unfamiliar programming environment
The objective is to bring this Robonova back to life. Make him part of a child's dreams again. Make him dance or dab, or whatever little robots dream of doing.
The plan of attack:
- Locate a PC that can connect to the Robonova.
- Install a version of the software that works on that PC
- Locate a Hello World sample program
- Connect the Robonova -- tethered to power
- Compile and download the program
- Confirm it responds
- Try a more complicated program
- Get the remote control talking to the robot
- Locate a replacement battery
- Get the robot to dab
Let's get started!